Wednesday 17 August 2016

Obviously ageing chow list


Hi . It's me .
While I'm obviously ageing * , some of you might want to scrutinise the list of foods in my diet because you know people who age even faster than me and you want to avoid that .

~ Cough . Cough . Ehem . Ehem ~

Anyway , even if you look like hell ran over you right now , it can be reversed . I've seen it happen to a stroke victim . Ten years later plus a lot of karaoke , dancing , travelling and food enjoyment , made her look 20 years younger , from when I last saw her .
So think positive. It's never too late !








I need to warn you beforehand that I take a lot of junkish , oily food that is really not that healthy  .

Anyway ,here's a brief run down on my chow list .

1. Lots of vegies daily ....both cooked and raw .

2. Instant noodles . Almost daily  .
Instead , I limit my consumption of fresh noodles , because let's just say , I don't trust the cottage industry operators with boric acid at all . 

3. Rice . Essential but taken in very small portions ( quarter of a normal sized portion ) . I prefer congee to rice as it is easier to digest . 

4. Spicy foods , almost every day . Spices of every kind . Makes you sweat  ( that's a good thing ) and just makes life more exciting . 

5. Eggs . At least one daily . Steamed , boiled , fried . 

6. Carbonated drinks in small sips , twice a week ( I don't finish the whole glass )  .

7. Chinese soups as often as possible . Pork based boiled soups preferred ( I only eat the  ribs , not the rest ) . Black chicken and herbal soups twice a year at the most . Bah kut teh 4 times a year max .

8. Cut raw onions whenever I can because it is a weakness of mine . Minced raw garlic too but not as often as I like , due to the burns it can cause .

9 .Tons of oily Hong Kong style fried ginger ( I can eat it by the tablespoonful ) at least once a month .

10 .Lots of chicken ( deep fried , roasted , pan fried ) . Pork , beef  and mutton . In that order . Absolutely no exotic meats   .

11. Fish . I'd rather not seeing how many use embalming fluids and aquarium medications to prolong freshness and sustain them in tanks . I do however , have a weakness for salmon sashimi , canned sardines and canned tuna .

12. Yogurts occasionally . 

13. Apple cider vinegar when a flu comes up . This really makes you stronger .

14. Milk . 2 cups daily . Cow's milk only . I take soya milk only when the weather is unbearably hot .


15 .Copious amounts of various waters . Penang island pipe water . Local mineral water when I am in other states .

16 . Coffee . NON STOP flow the whole day even when they said caffeine is bad for us .  . Green tea more than Chinese or black tea but never on an empty stomach .

17 . Butter .  Margarines when making toast bread or sardine sandwiches . 

18 . That being said , I hardly eat bread except when I make sandwiches or it's the only thing available when I need a filler .

19 . Blended Malaysian palm oils everytime I cook . Olive oil sparingly . Given the choice , I love everything deep fried . I'm not kidding .

20 . Fruits hardly ever . 5 times a year at the most . Instead , I prefer juices .... watermelon or tomato ( once a month at the most )


Think that's about it . Yup . Hope you had fun looking through . 

* btw , I'm approaching 45 in case you didn't know it .






No comments: