Sunday 10 September 2017

An eerie coincidence


Last night , I joined a local Hungry Ghost tour led by a volunteer guide simply because I thought that by doing so , it would finally help rid me of an innate fear of the festival .

By doing so , it meant that I was going to break a couple of taboos associated with the Hungry Ghost month .
First , I would be wandering around darkened streets .
Next , night photography would also be involved seeing how I snap almost everthing .
Third . I wore black .
Fourth .....lies in the eerie coincidence snapped in this picture below .




It was quite cold and dank when we set out , that it seemed as if the dreary downpour was sent to dampen our quest .
Thus I brought along an umbrella which proved to be useless other than to wield as a weapon should any snatch thief suddenly get ideas .

Well , I least expected the start of the tour to be marked by an eerie coincidence .
While we're not supposed to talk about the dead , or ghosts for that matter , I had to break another taboo because
there was a dead body just outside the five foot way ! 
See the picture above . 

A more superstitious person would have decided to turn tail and go straight home , but I took it as a mere coincidence and continued , even though I had ominuous thoughts at the macabre sight .

It may surprise you , but this is the very first time I'm actually going to witness the goings on , so do bear with me , and I'll try my best to show you the events in a post following this .

Location : Penang


No comments: