Friday 22 December 2017

Summery colour for the Winter Solstice


Happy Winter Solstice to all those celebrating it out there !

This was not an intentional purchase but since there was just one last size on the rack which gave me the best fit , I made several rounds in and out of the fitting room ( probably 4 times in total ) before I finally decided that I want to add this to my wardrobe .

Love the colour , somehow this lighter shade of yellow makes me look a bit more darker , tanned and brown , which certainly makes me feel more cheerful and upbeat . 



Because I do have a pouch , I never wear shifts the way they were intended to be . Thus, although by right, shift dresses ought to be worn loose ....instead , I go 2 sizes smaller and the end result is quiet different from what you see on this model down there . Think voluptuous ....

Yeah , I'm no twig , I'm more of a branch or a trunk , depending on which angle you see me from , thus if I were to wear it the way she does , honestly , you might think I was expecting .

Actually koochi wasn't very happy with my choice ( I always ask him for his fashion opinion ) , he said it made me shorter and somehow did not suit me , but I was adamant . Maybe he's right , maybe I will regret it , but then again I'm trying to shift away from boring black , so there .




 Anyway , for the past 2 days in Penang , the weather has been exceptionally cold , even without a drop of rain .

Nothing like some splash of tropical summery yellow and the red hibiscus to uplift the spirits don't you think ? Hopefully my arms don't get stiff from the cold shoulder feature . Tried hitching it up but the " what on earth " frown from koochi was enough to stop me from repeating it ever again .

Besides , I'm trying to switch to more colourful choices for my daily wear because there's nothing worse than trying to separate one black clothing particle from the next !

Location : Brands Outlet , Penang

Dress brand : Filanto 

Price paid : MYR 39.90 
( less than 10 USD )

No comments: