Sunday 14 January 2018

Rejuvenation at The Six



 After two consecutive weekends of gruelling events I willingly signed up for , my body finally threw the towel in on me . I went down 5 kilos within 3 days and boy was I worried . No I wasn't looking forward to such quick weight loss . I looked at my fingers and an almost skeletal frame was staring back at shocked me !

 Such sudden weight loss is a HUGE no no .
Time for nourishment . Time to put back some fat .
No chu char stall for the moment . I want something more pleasant to the eyes please . Thus we headed straight into The Six Cantonese Restaurant for dinner . 

Nursed this portion of Double Boiled superior ham soup with fish maw , mushrooms , and baby bok choy , like my life depended on it . Was good , not mind blowing great , but I'm here to reap the benefits .
Sticker by the side of the plate , shows the name of the Chef who made it .
Master Wilson it states there .





Then because , they had to eat too , I mooted The Signature Claypot . 
Mixed Seafood Claypot with Lemongrass and Prawn Soup .

What's inside ? Woooh lots ....that's roast duck on top , inside the stew was a mixture of deep fried fish head pieces , scallops , squid , tofu , long Chinese cabbage , very fragrant lemongrass of course , thinly sliced pork .
Not very big on presentation as you can see , but the flavours were unique agreeable , not too spicy . 
Duck did not disappoint because we did not allow it to muddle up with the sauce . Beijing style crispy skinned duck this . Meat was a bit on the tough side and that's ok , it shows that the bird had a fair bit of exercise  and there's another approved tick from me .




Braised Head Mushroom something something ( can't recall lolz ) .
Accompanying sauce and the mushrooms were abbbbbbbbsoluuuuutelyyyyyy deeeeeeeeeeelicious .
We fought over this .
They're actually called Lion's Mane mushroom which has multiple health benefits for everyone in the family , and is a challenge to prepare , besides , I don't have the know how so it's best to leave it to the professionals  . 
 Got to be quick before they whack everything ....grrrrr




On a spur of the moment , he got inspired and ordered these what I called nipple heads .
Don't do these ever if you're fussy about the thinness of the pastry skin . There is another king in this department .
Not a dish I'd call for again .



Anyway , when we had this meal last night , I looked like Vlad had sucked out all my blood , not only that , I was exxxxtreeeeemeeelyyyyy low on energy .

Miraculously , after eating all that you see above ,within an hour of consumption , I bounced back like magic ! All of a sudden I found that I had this burst of energy which made me start spring cleaning in the middle of the night !

Do take note that this effect applies to me , a middle aged woman who'd just lost too much weight and was generally feeling terribly weak , cos my men , they didn't report the same consequence , so I don't know if it was due to the first kole of soup or what , whatever it is , if you're drained and you care more about your health first than counting calories , you could do what I did last night ..... make sure you are with bigger eaters than you , nurse that soup ! 
Yes we Chinese take our soups very seriously because of the wonders it can do .

Location : The Six Cantonese Restaurant 

Branch :  Bayan Lepas , Penang

No comments: