Sunday 4 February 2018

Fashion project #3 - Ruyi mystic knot earrings


Wore this to an event yesterday evening and 2 smartly dressed young ladies in lovely modern lace cheongsams , came up to me , with a wide eyed fascinated look in their eyes . Straight out and directly to the point , one of them gushed " Ruyi earrings ! " then proceeded to ask me if I had knotted it myself . I told them with a laugh , " No , I bought them " but of course , you can't really find these earrings in stores because if you've read the post before this , you'll know that ...




....I used back this discarded piece from a lucky charm which I had earlier on turned into an earring .



Next step , I stitched up the two cut ends and turned it upside down.
Brought out these tools , the round headed plier from Daiso .



Mind you , stitching takes a while but when it comes to fixing these 2 parts together , it's rather simple for those with nimble fingers .
Yes , fix this into that tiny hole between the two stitched ends ok ?



Last step : knot the long hoop and stitch that in place . Some people use a pocket lighter to make the fabric stick together , you can do that too , but the burnt part will of course be slightly darker or black even , that's why I choose to sew it in .

This is the end result .


Have fun trying again .
The boys won't understand why we think this looks so good .
Doesn't matter so long as when you put it on , you feel more Chinese than you've ever felt in a long time , eh ?

Location : Penang

No comments: