Friday 2 February 2018

Quick lunchtime fashion project - earrings made from lucky charms


The Chinese New Year is a really great time to go searching for shiny new lucky charms .
Found these enamel and gold plated , Malaysian lion dance head charms just now . Took me less than 10 minutes to turn them into dangling earrings .



What they looked like before I transformed them with a quick nip and tuck .
You can snip the tassel if you like , but I prefer to keep it the way it is .


So here's what you need .

1. Round headed pliers .
Bought them from Daiso .


2. These 2 parts which you can purchase from a craft store or salvage it from an old earring you've gotten bored with .
Me , I got mine from a costume jewellery wholesaler cos I seem to like transforming everything into an earring these days .


As long as the charm has a place for you to hook through , you do not really have to worry about whether it is lopsided or not .

I simply snipped off this top part of the Chinese knot ....


....and ended up really pleased again with the result .
Each charm actually cost a bomb ( MYR 16.80 × 2 = 33.60 for both ) but I figured it will cost more elsewhere , that is if you can even find something as unique and as cute as these lion heads !



Have fun trying !

No comments: