Sunday 11 March 2018

6th pair of harem pants with a bit of drama at the end



By now , whenever I pass by this particular Pakistani trader's stall , I always make it a point to go check out the harem pants corner.
New arrival this . Somewhat similar to the muddy teh tarik coloured carp design I purchased from him earlier  .
.

From experience , this material does not require much care nor ironing like a madwoman ...




....I can just toss it into a heap and it won't crumple as easily as the 4 other pairs in my stable ( I have 1 in black , red , white and blue & white peacock print ) .

Price has increased but I still managed to beat it down to MYR 35 by virtue of being a repeat customer . Haven't searched in other areas so I don't know if there are cheaper ones out there or not . Anyway , they are manufactured in Thailand , maybe I should have headed to Khao San Road , but since I've given up on living scrooge backpacker style already , I didn't come across any shop selling these .
Nope , didn't wander into Pratunam either as the whole place just gives me a throbbing headache .

Clearly a case of convenience as well as willing buyer , willing seller .
Everybody ends up happy in the end .

No , not really . The trader is quite a patient fellow actually , ever smiling with 2 huge deep dimples on both sides of his cheeks . He got yelled at by a burly Malay man who accompanied his Indonesian relatives who were as enthusiastic about the clothes in this shop as I was .
Until he noticed me frowning , actually I was staring at him already by then as he was annoying AF ! Then only did he stop his nonsense for a bit but I'm sure that as soon as I left , he would continue with his tirade even though the trader had told him that there was no smaller sizes for whatever his relative wanted ( most items here are in Free size , or one size fits all ) . But he just didn't want to hear any of it .

Seriously , we don't need to get so nasty just because they are foreigners . Comes off as so petty , mean and downright rude , if you ask me . 
These foreigners are just here to seek a livelihood , why some of us seem so intent on making life difficult for others , is beyond me .








No comments: