Monday 12 March 2018

Shop # 61 - Pridi Banomyong Soi 2 Alley


When I first began exploring Bangkok , there were no apps to act as a guide . As such , travel guides stepped in to fill the wanting gap , especially when it came to satiating the gourmand me . Ah those were good times ..... the places they took us to eat were so good and yet their location was pretty much out of the way , making it rather difficult to pinpoint and locate when I returned on my own .
Most times , we were taken to mom and pop establishments run by Thai Chinese , where we had some truly satisfying offerings . 

Today , that's what I'm back for this time round . Thai Chinese food . 

Despite the advancements ,  this beaten shop was no where on anybody's good food map , yet I managed to sniff it out after a lot of stubborn perserverance and a little bit of luck .




If you ask me , I'd rate that bowl above , as the BEST tomyam hands down , I've ever had in Bangkok , and the Kale with roasted pork below , the most mind blowing dish that ever crossed my lips despite looking so undesirable at first glance , and oh my , we also had a plate of gloooooooooooorious fried rice which reminded me of those from chu char stalls we used to enjoy back in the 80s , that I forgot to take a picture of that incredible dish ! 


They're not big on presentation , but they certainly can whip up such mouthwatering comfort meals , that it is best you come before 9pm , as they would have run out of a lot of ingredients by then .



Location : look for Tesco Lotus Express , the shop is a few doors away before you reach Tesco .

No comments: