Wednesday 21 March 2018

Eat Am Are - steak with somtam


What a name and well , that view of the BTS skytrain passing by every now and then , how can you beat that huh ?



Yeah , here I am at the entrance to Eat Am Are ( if they opened in Malaysia , the name could go something like Am Are Tea ? Eh ? Hehe )
If you notice carefully , apart from the obvious skytrain viewing activity , the outlet draws a heck of a lot of teenagers still in school uniform , with the fairer sex as the majority .


Was rather disappointed by both Fuji Restaurant and Sizzlers this time round , but I know that Bangkok is THE place where I can have some decent steak and so in here we trooped .


While Pork steaks get the thumbs up from local reviewers , I stubbornly stuck to a beef and chicken combo and I have to say that this is indeed better than what I eventually had at Sizzlers .

Then here's the other item than you MUST add onto the combo or request for if possible . I noticed that almost all tables choose combos that would feature this cabbage bowl below .
If the servers see that you are a foreigner , they will warn you against it as it is going to be very spicy and hot . However , I had to reassure them that I would not complain and wow sure enough , it was syok enough to get the juices flowing with each crunchy mouthful , so I highly recommend that you add this on , but only if you love spicy Thai dishes as much as I do !


Your get off point would be the BTS station where the Victory Monument is .
Get off , walk towards very visible monument , keep right at the round overhead pedestrian walkway , and keep a lookout for their signboard .



The area is very local with a lot of el cheapo fashion options that are lower priced than what you can find dotted around Siam Square .
Thus , you either shop till you drop first , then make this your pit stop before continuing or eat then shop till your feet hurt . Entirely up to you .

Location : Bangkok 



No comments: