Sunday 13 May 2018

Decent phase


Happy Mother's Day !
Every year before this , I used to place more emphasis on what to eat for Mother's Day. Buffet buffet and maybe another feast .
This year , I'm focusing more on what to wear out because when I end up choosing a nice dress , it can put a spring in my step and smile on my face and that's more than enough to make me glow even without help from the salon .

Thus , in the build up to this special day , I selected 3 dresses which I thought were pretty stand out ,yet decent enough , not too sexy , and makes me look more matured when I go out with the boys .

Was heading towards Nichii when the 59 ringgit sign at Dressing Paula made me stop in my tracks .
( Btw there were sooooo many moms and daughters inside Pandora just now , but I have a more than complete set ,accumulated very fast years ago , thus cheaper than what it would cost today , so that is off my list already )

Anyway , I waltzed into the shop without hesitating , and picked out a few dresses from that irresistibly priced sales rack . 

Well , here's what I found .

This striped dress . 


Originally priced at MYR 149 , today down to MYR 59 .
Woweee. Nice !



Next .
Geometric print , calf length dress .
Formerly MYR 139.90 ,  now also MYR 59. 
Super like !

Wore this during Mother's Day lunch just now . Just love it .
Very classy and elegant yet not too warm to the point where I feel so uncomfortable .


Seems shorter on the model below ( photo taken from Dressing Paula's facebook page ) cos she's obviously taller than me .
But yeah , the ribbon is supposed to be tied at the back 


Front view .
Not a maxi. Maxis make me look short , midis make me look taller than I actually am .



The two dresses above are from Dressing Paula.

Eventually , I made my way onwards to Nichii where I found the 3rd piece .
Now , this was on discount as well , not too long ago , paid half price for it .

Wore this for Mother's day dinner later. If you didn't read my blog , you'd think I spent hundreds just on 3 pieces of clothings eh ? Wink wink ?
Technically yes , these three would on a normal day , cost me MYR 470 . Still way cheaper than a High Street store you say ? Well , after discount , I only paid MYR 185 for all 3 ! Evens out to 60 percent off at MYR 62 per piece ! Fair enough .

Coming back to the subject below , this dress received heaps of compliments from the boys all round . But I felt it was not as motherly as I thought it would help make me look .
I ended looking " very beautiful " according to him and " this is nice Mom " from kiddo .
A bit over the top this. Quite flashy .



In all 3 cases , I feel that the collars should be worn turned up .

What it looks like on the model ( photo from Nichii facebook page )


As I mentioned before , it's a special day today and I want to look a bit more dignified and a bit more motherly * ( this was before I wore them lol , read the update on the first Nichii dress' photo )
Besides , 2 of the calf length dresses bring out the best in a person like me with long legs . So it is kind of a refreshing change , once in a while .

Hope you have a great time with your loved ones . 


No comments: