Monday 21 May 2018

If you showed me , me today



I hope that these 2 pictures are proof enough to you that it's possible to reverse whatever you have neglected to maintain .....
in my case 20 years , because I always placed my kids before myself first .
I dressed them first , rather than me , and up to 2 years ago , was that same T shirt and jeans person , so I think that it's ok for me to finally indulge in myself before my youth is snuffed out by gravity , right ?




20 years ago , if you showed me this picture of me today , I probably won't believe it either .
Some people take 6 years to lose weight .
I'm still working on it . This is year 2 for me . I'm down another half kilo and that took something like 3 months to achieve .





Yes , I recall one lady whom I met as a young girl .
I thought she was barely out of her teens when I first saw her . They told me she was 40 something . I said 
" you must be kidding , she looks like she just left school not long ago "

Ah , but eventually , ageing will creep up on us and set in you know ? And when it does , we still have to look back at that reflection in the mirror whether we can bear to or not .
Maybe we manage to slow it down with our choices of food and lifestyle .


The keywords for me are
Eat . Slow and Steady . Consistent workout .

Dieting and constant deprivation of food coupled with tons of makeup makes you age Faster .

I hope I inspired some of you out there somehow . You can do it if you set your mind to it . Just be patient .
Remember , for me , the loss has now slowed down to half a kilo in 3 months . So that's very slow but better than nothing .

No comments: