Sunday 15 July 2018

Slazenger sports skirt - skirting the issue no more


Because of my figure type and overall build  , I've been avoiding having to wear tiny miniskirts for a really long time already .






Well , the day arrived when I had to face this problem head on .
Still , I stubbornly clung onto and depended on the only short skirt in my possession . That black number I purchased from Alor Setar which I wore to a school uniform themed event at the beginning of this year , I wore it to the boisterously successful Fifa themed Zumba event which Zin Leenel organised .
 Wish I hadn't worn that particular skirt . My movement was restricted , the material was heavy and uncomfortable , I felt so self conscious ....deng .

Few days later , when I still could not get over it , I decided to go see if I could find me a sport skirt that fits .


That's how I ended up with the first white skirt above from Adidas . 
You know how filmsy it looks right ? Omg , when I looked at the price tag , my eyes nearly popped out . Still , I decided to buy it on the basis that I've had no problems whatsoever with their tights before , therefore I'm paying for quality athletic wear that will last me a long time .
Errr , turns out that I was wrong on this one .





Upon washing , I found that the black band on the material bled , turning the surrounding white area a tinge orange .
This seems to be a huge problem nowadays with black banded clothing .
Having coughed up a freaking RM 140 ish for just one skirt , I could not accept that and so I took it back to the shop to see what could be done about it . 

They allowed me to do an exchange .
So , I replaced that one Adidas skirt for 4 Slazengers in 4 different colours . In one single tone each . Just to stay on the safe side .

Despite having been on the shelf for 6 months only , these Slazenger sports skirts are one of their bestsellers and have been restocked several times .
Older sport skirts have a design that is flared while these are more form fitting .





Out of the 4 skirts , only the black one fits me best while I refer to the other 3 as My Future Tummy Get Smaller Motivators .




Wore it to Zin Michael's event at Spice yesterday , he's really got a way with the crowd , he can be really funny and crazy at the same time .
Anyway , as you can see here , I should never have paired the Slazenger skirt with a jacket in this manner. It ended up looking like office wear , as well as making me look way older . 

Coming to this Zin , I've had some problems in the past adapting to his dance style ; he's too fast for me . It was frustrating that I could dance to any other Zin but not catch up with him .
When he begins dancing , it's like trying to catch up with a hypersonic prancer while doing everything you can to run after the last train . 

But because he sometimes appears at Zin Crystalboy's classes , I seem to be making some progress , I seem to be getting there . Yeah I was ( at long last ! ) able to "get "  the gist of some of his steps yesterday and progress is something I look forward to . I don't like to stay stagnant , I like to take it one level up .
I may not be as graceful , my hand movement flits between too jerky , forceful or downright lazy , but I wanna get to that stage eventually and dance is a discipline that requires years of dedicated training of which I think I'm only putting in a quarter of the effort .

Some day I wanna start practising in front of mirrors but as of now , I'm working on my agility , flexibility , increasingly the length of my stride and recovery period from one single twirl . I worry about twisting an ankle or breaking a leg .... sometimes , that's what holds me back .

If we only concentrate on our faults , like those sudden hand jerks or too lazy like movements , we'll never make any headway , I focus on the small light at the end of the tunnel and then I dig slowly but surely with a goal in mind . To get better . 
That tiny bit of self achievement in itself is my own way of giving myself a pat on the back .
Don't wait for someone to do that for you. You can push yourself a little bit more each day . Strive for self improvement each day , yes you can .


No comments: