Sunday 9 September 2018

Xiang 6 Chinese Restaurant - Hunan cuisine in Pulau Tikus


Someone mentioned that this restaurant serves Hunan cuisine .
So that's what we're here for on this cold night I guess , which is perfect actually since there are quite a lot of delicious spicy Chinese dishes on the menu .




While there have been some grumblings with regards to the service , and the place seems to attract tourists from China , we are actually here due to word of mouth recommendation by another restaurateur .
Ya this recommendation is not by another food blogger , blog , facebook page or what not , but by a successful person in the trade .
So I guess it must be really good because his beautiful wife takes really good care of her health and for them to come and eat here , well I would like to find out for myself what's good  I will list out the order of the dishes we liked best . We ate them accompanied by some of the most fragrant rice I have had to date on Penang island , so if you're on a no rice diet , my dear , you really need to take this rice and then restart on your no carbohydrate lifestyle again .
Hah ! It is worth it !





 For starters , we had this pickled chilli with chicken , which was really mouthwatering , not very common but very addictive .
So darned delicious we fought over the sauce to the last drop .




Second favourite .
Clam and wintermelon with pork soup .
It was rich , the winter melon had just been freshly skinned . I was so surprised at this combo as well as how well everything just went together , hey , I want this the next time I return .


Claypot Chicken .
Take the B set from the picture menu .
There was a confluence of flavours that came together like a song so this was yet another dish which we fought over and enjoyed too .
Just note that the chicken could be a little tough for older folks .




French beans with chillies .
Delish and fiery , however I would have preferred that the beans be cooked a little bit longer as I felt it was still a little bit on the raw side .




Pork with preserved vegies .
This seriously tasted exactly like what you can get in a canned product but I am not a fan of the sweet mui choy as I prefer the salty mui choy , so I will pass on this dish .






This being Pulau Tikus , parking can be difficult , well , guess what , they even put that into consideration .
Oh yes they did .

Right , like I said before in posts before this , I don't eat so much rice before but hey the quality of the pearly grains here are so darned good , please ensure you do not miss out on the joy of rediscovering how wonderful rice can really be again .

It was a new discovery for us and we truly enjoyed that , and that's more than enough already .
Prices are reasonable I guess , not too expensive , so do try it out if you're on the lookout for something different .

No comments: