Wednesday 11 September 2013

Set Lunch at Rakuzen



If you think you know what ikan kembung or mackerel should taste like, then you should really try out the grilled Japanese version . The last time I had something as good as this, was many, many years ago in Baiyoke Bangkok ( don't take my word for it, it's different there today , gone downhill since )




The japs call it Saba, but as you know, these waters in Southeast Asia are where the best tasting ones thrive.
Couple that with skillful cooking method and walla...what you get is a fantastically creamy, tender, lightly crisp, juicy piece that can take you to heaven.





This Sake Oyako Zen set's not mine.
Looks divine but I'm still sticking to my regular places for this.



Salmon slices, belly and roe.
Slightly different from the first dinner set we had by way of size. This one's larger.



While I was earlier raving on and on about the Beef Yakiniku set, it paled in comparison to the Saba.




As you can see, the portion is gigantic so lap it up and enjoy yourself to the max.




While the set lunches cost a bit less than the dinner sets and you might think that this is perfect for those who like to count their dollars, this place is not exactly cheap. Don't say I didn't warn you. Value for money yes but I wouldn't say cheap.
 
Location : 6th floor, Gurney Paragon Mall


2 comments:

AyuArjuna BiGoshh said...

yummyliciouuuuuus

gostansikit said...

Everytime I see your name, i cannot stop smiling. Ai miss ayu ex presiden Awas ahaha. Tks for d dropping by :)