Wednesday 28 March 2018

Changing room mirrors that tell no lies


I actually have enough clothes to last me a really long time already .
And yet somehow , the word
DEALS 
placed on the glass window of the store lured me in .

Now , if you've been following my blog , you'll know that I haven't really purchased many clothes from H & M.





Truth of the matter be told , H & M stores dressing room mirrors tell no lies .
If you look like a potato wearing a gunny sack , that's exactly what it's gonna show you .
Those mirrors won't mislead you into thinking that you're Gigi Hadid in some diviiiiiineeee fashion togs .

Is this unusual ? Yes kind of , because nowadays , there are a lot of retail outlets fitted with mirrors that make you look thinner than you actually are .

What happened was this . I'd taken in 3 pieces of clothings . One fitted pant / jumpsuit , a turtle neck tunic and that dress above .
The first 2 showed me all the lumps I still have to work at while the dress above flowed down like a Kate Middleton dream .

Of course I hesitated , it was marked down from MYR 149 , now at MYR 70 . I pondered for a while before snapping it up because I reasoned that it's not often that I can find a jersey knit dress that makes me look so prim , proper .....in short , a pretty matured piece that suits me .


Bearing in mind those lumps I just saw , despite the fact that I have trimmed down from a pork chop to something pretty fit for my age , 
Sports Direct was the next stop .

The thing I hate about activewear these days is , most brands seem to have gotten over the fluorescents and gone dull or black . 



If I were to pick a similar racerback from say Adidas , Puma or Reebok  ( 
oh yes , Adidas and Reebok in particular , have bright coloured tops in stock ,alright ) , it would never ever be priced at MYR 35 . You'd have to fork out a minimum of MYR 59 to the region of 89 upwards .

Since I already have 2 USA Pro racerbacks , I'd say that the feel of the material on the Everlast is similar to the forementioned brand .
Comes with a built in bra which is pretty useless in my case cos I have some pretty perky peaks which need extra cover else the pervert brigade will start whipping their phones out .

So why settle for it ? Because frankly , I hate shirts with sleeves . Besides , my arms are better toned ( although I still have some way to go in toning up  ) .



No comments: