Thursday 19 April 2018

To earmark the Zaihani Zain furore


In all honesty , I started out hunting for a bright yellow earring elsewhere other than at Lovisa because I felt that , that , particular colour tone , was way overpriced in their stores . Then somehow I ended up with 2 pieces which I think Zaihani Mohd Zain would probably wear you know , thanks to a few days of the furore setting fire to my facebook feed .
In one post , netizens " bantai-ed " her round the clock for 3 days straight . Wowzers !



Don't laugh , I do like the big bold pieces of accessories , she wears , I really do ! You can blame it on the InTrend video ( screenshot above ) which showed her striking vogue poses . I found myself having to put my jaw back over that wavy long white felt ? , one up , one down earring she wore .

Budget wise , where else , but into Little India I went . Ended up with a trio which cost me all of 20 ringgit only .



The smallest ( katek , sorry I can't help it but internet trolls were so darned creative in their condemnation of her ) , yet most outstanding , almost fluorescent neon yellow of the lot , the small jhumka above is a real stunner . 
If you've been going through my blog , you'll know that I always prefer large , oversized gigantic earrings , hence this choice was a departure from the norm , all thanks to the very fiery colour tone .
Price ? 5 ringgit . Believe it . Hah ! One does not even need to go to India for costume jewellery at these fabulous prices , you just need to trawl the stalls in the enclave for bargains .




 Moving on , I grabbed that ultra tacky Mexican crochet , biskut semperit / kuih akok , pancake  thingy you see up there . 

Obviously so cringe worthy , very el cheapo looking ( don't get me wrong , there's a certain air of kitsch to cheap looking stuff , it's whether you have the panache to carry it off or not ) , yet so Zaihani Zain , yeah , I want that too !
Price ....ten ringgit 


Saving the most ridiculous for last .
Larger than life , big and bold , looks like a stringless tennis racquet , so avant garde , 5 ringgit only ? ....oh why not yah ? Come to mama .

Colour inspired by this photo from Rizal Hakimm facebook page . So HER don't you think ?


Btw , I'm over 60 kilos and I'll try to squeeze my way into one show soon . 
To further commemorate the furore more than anything else . 


Location : Penang

No comments: