Tuesday 11 July 2017

Wedge addict


Was bragging to the koochi moochi the other day about me being able to shimmee shimmee yaya in high heels when I was young .
They may not have been dancing shoes but I sure was able to work them like Pitbull's stiletto donning dancers can . 
Back then . 
Need to emphasise back then .

Nowadays , I have turned into a wedge addict because of um , let's say , all that food gave me an issue with the centre of gravity .




Thus , while this beautiful espadrille by Vincci is one of my favourite designs which I bought at what ? 20 ringgit only ? ( there was a massive sale ) , it is also , one the most flabbergasting wedges I have ever worn .

Compared to the
 recently acquired Bata Comfit and Thai streetmarket plastic / jelly wedges , which are so darned stable,  I could scale a mountain with them , I'm tottering on thin ice with this one .
 Can't really wear it for an extended period of time without risking a broken toe or twisted ankle .

Ultimately , it takes another similar veined being , to understand that blissful relief washing over you , when you finally reach the elevator door . 
Or how you hold onto the escalator railings for dear life as you wriggle those toes ( gawd it feels so good ) , you begin to wonder why you chose it in the first place . Yet , you cannot bear to get rid of it ,because balance is learned you tell yourself . 

After all , heels maketh us more womanly and by teetering on the edge , some of us may reason , that , that in itself is all the excuse we need for a pair of well toned pins .

Bring it on .

No comments: