Friday 29 December 2017

Colour my bag


We're approaching the last days of the Malaysian year end sale and as soon as that is over , I'm sure Chinese New Year shoppers will be their next target . What that means another round of sales, folks !

If you ask me , this year has been a really good year to go search for stuff in the retail stores since so many people prefer to shop online nowadays as they're either too busy / the mere thought of lining up or even trying to get parking space just makes them throw their hands up and surrender . 

All this means a better chance for shoppers like me , someone who is in the midst of building a wardrobe ( yeah , I don't wait for New Year to make resolutions , I just get down and do it ) to land some really fantastic buys from the stores .
You have less competition ladies !





Of course you may be able to purchase medium sized bags at a lower price than what I got these 2 for , online . I'm not stopping you from doing so . I just think it's more fun to go search for items till your feet wants to break into two . Besides , it's also healthier since you're forced to walk and nowadays , I go hunting in heels so I use more effort and burn more calories hopefully .


Some of you may be turned off by the colours . I know . Black handbags are always bestsellers .

But like I said , I'm currently building up my wardrobe , and I'm also trying to make a concerted effort to shift away from black and these 2 not only fit right into my plans , the upkeep and maintainence may be quite a challenge , but I also wanna dress better from now onwards , no more sloppy me 24/7 .


The bottom line is....what's the price I paid for those 2 ?


MYR 59 for the red Hobo shoulder bag by Vincci ( super duper incredible and crazy price for a bag of this size ! ).
Flaws : the top body zipper is a bit of a struggle and you can't extend the shoulder handle . I also think it scratches easily so extra care has to be taken .
Plus : there's a cute matching purse inside which hooks onto the inner part of the bag thus preventing pickpockets from yanking your money or cards under your nose .

MYR 70 ( ok lah , half price off the original ) for the mustard yellow structured tote bag from H & M .
Flaws : not as hardshelled as it looks , try not to bend this .

Have a fruitful weekend hunting for all the deals out there folks ! You don't have to spend gazillions dollars to own them . It may be more tiring , but definitely worth the effort when you find the unexpected !

Location : Penang


No comments: